Question about usage rights

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc.

Moderator: AntalBSG

heruca

Question about usage rights

Postby heruca » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:33 am

Hi,

I was wondering, if I buy one of your map products, could I use a portion of your map in a promotional image for my own company/product? The image would have virtual minis overlaid on it, and be cropped and at relatively low resolution (in other words, the map could not be extracted and used by anyone). By way of example, see the promotional images in the animated GIF here.

AntalBSG

Re: Question about usage rights

Postby AntalBSG » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:53 am

heruca wrote:Hi,

I was wondering, if I buy one of your map products, could I use a portion of your map in a promotional image for my own company/product? The image would have virtual minis overlaid on it, and be cropped and at relatively low resolution (in other words, the map could not be extracted and used by anyone). By way of example, see the promotional images in the animated GIF here.

Thank you for your question,
Yes, if it's not part of a digital or printed product as an illustration you can use my maps and portions of the maps as promotional images. Please leave a short credit to me somewhere in your text, even at the end.

Share the posts/article here where you used my art and I will post it on my Facebook page. :)

heruca

Re: Question about usage rights

Postby heruca » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:37 pm

Great, thanks.

I picked up the Tropical Island map tiles yesterday, in large part because I was interested in the Pirate/Ghost ship. I've yet to receive the ship tiles, however.

AntalBSG

Postby AntalBSG » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:17 am

I've sent you an email about the ship, thank you!

It should have been in the "thank you" letter you receive after purchase but DriveThruRPG sometimes does not send it out.

Return to “Open discussion”